Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Responses to Reader Comments . . .

As a new blog writer, I am well aware that most of the people that read this blog are people that I know personally. This comforts me. I know that if there are typos or I write an awkward turn of phrase, most of you will still like me.

However, I have a dilemma.  Some of you good readers out there make comments, and I want you to know that I read everything you write and appreciate your thoughts.

Sometimes I want to respond to your comments, but I am unsure how. Would what I write be sent to your email, if you left an email when you made your original comment?  Or would you read a post again to see if I responded?

So while I do research on this topic, I thought I would share some of the wise readers' comments and questions, and my thoughts as well.  Here are my reactions from July:


KJ Miller says:  I can't remember which blogger it was that I read semi-regularly but somewhat recently she was posting that she was so happy now that when she started her blog she only committed herself to M-F instead of seven days a week....

It is true that posting seven days a week can be stressful, and I envision more stress when I am away from internet service. However, I am rather happy that I have committed to posting every day. It is making me write every single day, and I find I am liking the discipline.


On the days I posted informing you all that I was without internet service, tRa wondered:  But ... how did you post? I am so confused.

Posts can be scheduled in advance. Which means that I could have written more interesting posts in advance . . . but I didn't.


Kristi liked one of my novel plots:  Loved your idea from 2011! I've read far too many books where the "spunky", completely anachronistic female manages to convince everyone in the 18th/19th century of women's rights. . . and then finds a rich, handsome, supportive, sensitive man to boot! Although from a plot perspective, how do you keep her from getting and thrown in an asylum within days of arriving??

I have to admit Kristi, that the problem you bring up was definitely a problem in the novel. Also, as I liked the character, I had a hard time having her experience all the crappy things that should happen to a modern day woman in the early 1800s.


tRa asks about the paper from 3rd grade that said I wanted to be a writer and how it might compare to my novels or my blog: 

I not sure where the paper is currently, but I am pretty sure it was a standard answer to the question we often ask of young children, what do you want to be when you grow up.


Finally, I would like to thank MA Reynolds for explaining why Bernoulli is still the man, and yes, Maria, I would love an indoor aloe plant.  Also, thank you Anonymous for the interesting marathon preparation plan.  I'll consider it once I manage to get a sneaker on my right foot.  Wall Drug is the Big Texan of Wall, South Dakota.

Although if I have one request of my anyone that makes a comment, it is to please leave a name rather than be anonymous.  You don't have to leave your name, leave any name, Gertrude, Ernest, Sherwood . . . Be creative! And keep on commenting!  I'll respond again at the end of August.



No comments:

Post a Comment