Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Applying for Jobs


That time of year has arrived. A few weeks ago job openings started showing up on my district's website. There have been at least five positions posted that I am qualified for. I decided to apply for three of them so far, with the possibility of a few more.

I spent a pleasant Sunday afternoon at a friend's house rewriting my resume and attempting to craft a cover letter that can be modified for each job. OK, it was only pleasant because I was at my friend's drinking soda and swearing at our computers. But at the end of it, I had a completed resume.

The odd part of the whole process was sending off cover letters that stated that I would be out of the country and unavailable for interviews for last week. Apparently, though, my cover letter was not forwarded on with my resume, so my honey received a few calls asking to schedule interviews when I was away.

I know that at least one of the schools where I applied has filled the job. Amazingly, though, at least one school waited for me to return. I had an interview there yesterday and I hope that I did well.

The school looks interesting, although I'm not sure about all the details. In any case, I can interview for jobs until June 20 and after that, anyone without an assignment will be placed.

I know that I will have a job and that is a lucky thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment