Saturday, June 28, 2014

Next Steps

There are so many choices to make, it's hard to figure out where to start.

I guess I'll start with the long-term decisions. I need to create a new timeline for my novel, taking into account where it stands now, and the reduced amount of time I will have to write in the fall.

Additionally, I have to come up with a workable schedule for daily writing. Plus, I still want to redecorate our back room so that it becomes an office for me.

As far as this blog goes, once school starts in the fall, changes will be made. I know that I won't be able to spend the time to write a daily blog. But from that fact, the questions start to mount up. How often will I post? Once a week? Twice a week? On which day(s) should I post?

And once I make that decision, some of what I have learned this past year creates new questions. For example, blogs work best (i.e., are most popular) when they focus on a single subject. Although I have had great fun writing about lots of random stuff during my year of leave, a future blog should aim for a narrower target.

Then there's the title. If I had to do it over again, this blog would be called something else. I don't know what and if anyone has any ideas, I'd be happy to consider them.

For the short-term, I may give myself a free day now and again over the next couple of months leading up to school. At the moment, my honey and I are currently in Virum, a suburb of Copenhagen, visiting friends. It might be quite fun to play hooky once or twice, especially over the next two or three weeks.

Danish meal on a Danish patio
I'll try to let you know, with photos or a post that tells you I'm skipping, but it's  possible that I'll just miss a day. I'm sure you'll all survive somehow.


No comments:

Post a Comment