Thursday, June 19, 2014

Make every day count


You may not have noticed the weekly countdown overhead. I've been counting down the weeks since the first time I started writing this blog. Although there have been times where weeks have gone by and I have forgotten to change the number of weeks, it's been a good reminder that the weeks are passing.

Recently, I have flirted with the idea of installing a countdown widget, or maybe changing the week count to a day count. In the end, I have decided to do neither. Changing the heading countdown to a daily one would both depress and invigorate me.

It would depress me because there are fewer than a hundred days remaining. However, it would be invigorating because it would be a frequent nudge to make every day count.

And it's important to me to make every day a good one. Because a day can be important, no matter how I choose to spend it. Even if I choose to spend it eating chocolate and reading trashy novels in front of the fan while ignoring any to-do list. It's an important day especially if I choose to spend it that way.

Or so I tell myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment