Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May Recap - Late

I knew that I was not going to be able to do my monthly recap on the last day of May, as that is my late father's birthday, and I wanted to write about him. But then I totally forgot about doing it at all, at least until today.

They are a fun way to look back at a month's worth of your comments, either on the blog, by email or face to face. I have to admit, this past month has been a bit slow for responses, so it's an easy post to write. In any case, if anyone was missing the May review, here it is:


Many of you appreciated my photos from Italy, and my artist niece loved my favorite of a woman hanging up her laundry. So I've decided I am going to enter that one in the State Fair Fine Arts competition.

I doubt it will get chosen, as the exhibit is juried. Many more pieces are entered than are chosen, but it will be an adventure. Now I just have to figure out how to frame a photo.



Later in the month, I wrote about how my confidence in my writing was growing, and I invited my readers to suggest a topic for me to muse on. So far, I have received three topics and written about one, poodles. Not to worry, the other two are still in the works, and anyone can choose any topic to send to me.

And finally, one of my in-laws loved the photo of my father that I posted on his birthday. She also admitted to missing him and wishing she had spent more time with him. So, hug your loved ones, folks! Give them a call and let them know what they mean to you. It'll make everyone happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment