Saturday, July 19, 2014

Can't stop writing . . .


Apparently I am addicted to writing a daily blog. Because more than two weeks after I said that I was going to take some days off, I haven't really done so. Oh, I know that I have missed at least one day completely, and then there was the forgetfulness of yesterday.

Funnily enough, though, those were both accidents. The first time, I thought that I had pre-scheduled a post. Who knows what yesterday was about, but I was already thinking about writing this post for then!

I'm not quite sure why I can't stop. I really should be spending any time I have left working on the novel. I wish I wrote in my writer's notebook more. I don't want to always be thinking about the next post. I certainly know that I won't be able to continue once school starts.

There are obviously positives too. Every day without fail my butt is in a chair and I spend time writing. Many friends and family let me know that they appreciate my writing and will miss not "hearing" my voice in their ears. There are probably other benefits that I haven't even figured out yet.

But, I'm going to have to start the process of stopping. Otherwise, it will be too much like cold turkey in late August. So I am hereby announcing that I am going to take Sundays off. That's right, I'll take a vacation day once a week.

However, because I don't want to leave my followers with nothing, instead of writing, I'll post a photograph from this amazing year of leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment