Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Square One — Again!

My tailbone seems to have finally recovered from my trip down the stairs on my bottom so many weeks ago.  So it's back to the beginning of the couch potato to marathon in 52 weeks plan.

Yes, it's a return to Week One, Day One, where you jog for 30 seconds and walk for a minute until you manage to eke out 2 miles.  I started yesterday morning.  And it felt good.

Due to my lack of experience jogging outside in the ice and snow, I opted for going to the local YWCA and the treadmill.


This particular Y has TVs on the treadmills, so I got to watch various morning shows while I went the distance very slowly.  And then I walked a mile home, being pretty skillful at walking on ice and snow.

Quite frankly, I am unsure whether I will ever complete a marathon, however, even just doing week one, day one over and over again wouldn't be a bad idea for my health.

Of course, once spring comes and the sidewalks have melted, I'll have to take my walking/jogging/running show on the road.  Maybe by April, I will have managed to make it to Week Four . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment