Saturday, February 15, 2014

Too Many Priorities


It has occurred to me over the last couple of days that I may have too many priorities for my leave year. I want to revise my novel and build up to running a marathon and travel and take guitar lessons and see movies and read books and substitute teach and write a daily blog and get in shape, and learn about my computer and, and, and . . .

Something has to give.  And it seems that the specific priority I have to give up changes from day to day.  Earlier this week I gave up time revising my novel so that I could go to the gym to jog/walk on the treadmill.  Yesterday I gave up doing my new weight training workout so that I could go to the movies.  I gave up guitar lessons a while ago (but I'm still going back to it, or so I believe.)

If everything is a priority, then nothing is a priority.  I'll be spending the next couple of days trying to figure out how to streamline my priorities.

How does writing, running, reading, relaxing sound?  Mmm, but I have to travel.  Back to the drawing board . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment