Thursday, August 15, 2013

Holy cow — it's my 50th post!

Thank you.

I am writing this because you are reading it.  There is such a power in writing for real live actual readers, I can't quite get my mind around it.  In workshops on teaching writing to young students, it is a much overstated saying that it is important to write for an audience.  I have always believed that, but I have never lived it.  Until now.

When I wrote about this blog making me a better writer, I was thinking of you. You deserve to have some ink spilled on your behalf.  This blog is all your doing.  (OK, maybe it's a little of my doing as well.)

I have been writing since 2003, but very little of what I have written has been seen by others.  Emails, work related reports, and grocery lists, mostly.

But now, my meandering words are read by at least dozens of people a day!  It makes my heart happy.

I know that you are reading because you comment, or I'll mention a topic I've written about in conversation, and you say, "I know, I read about it on your blog."  How cool is that?

I do listen to your requests and have added another way to "follow" my blog. Although to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what that button does, so if you try it, be sure to let me know if it does what you want it to.  (I am getting better at the technology stuff, but I'm not fully competent yet.)

Once again, thank you for reading.  Comment whenever you feel like it.  I'll be here all year.  Tip your waitress.


No comments:

Post a Comment