Saturday, August 17, 2013

Newsflash on the pedal pubs!

When I wrote about pedal pubs, I didn't know that they were dangerous.

On Thursday a pedal pub tipped over while turning at the bottom of a hill.  Two people were injured seriously enough to be taken to the hospital.  You can read a serious article about it in the Star Tribune.  

You can also read one blog's opinion on the top 10 jokes about the crash.

The crash seems to have ignited many comments on the facebook and the twitter, perhaps explaining better why neighbors hate those darned pedal pubs.

While I certainly hope that those wounded in the crash recover from their injuries quickly, it is difficult not to laugh a little bit at the situation.

If I do ever go out on a pedal pub, I'll try not to forget my helmet.


No comments:

Post a Comment