Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Boys


Because I have no schedule, I am free to do whatever I want to on any given day.

So when I found out early Tuesday morning that there was a baseball game I should see that same morning, I went to watch the game.  Turns out that the son of a friend of my mom's was playing baseball at the Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) World Series.  I relished the opportunity to see young men representing the town of my birth play baseball in the city where I live now. 


And what a beautiful day and game it was.  The sun was shining, there were few clouds in the sky and those young men played quality baseball.  The finals of the RBI World Series will be played today (Thursday August 8th) at Target Field.  The juniors play at 1pm and the Seniors play at 6pm.  I can only hope my team makes the playoffs and then brings it all home.



Play ball!

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to a game today? I got an email from the mom of the pitcher-they won both games yesterday and Jay will pitch today. Wish I could go with you.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete