Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Right Toes

I am very excited to give an update on my broken toes.  No surprise, they are healing.

I have now reached the milestone of wearing closed-toe with very little pain. Those are my feet in my old ratty sneakers.

But the best part?  I also successfully wore my Patagonia fishing boots for about four hours on Monday.  Why am I so happy?  Am I going fishing?  No!  But my Patagonia fishing boots are what I wear while portaging in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW).  My boots keep my feet safe on uneven ground, they dry quickly and my feet are never uncomfortable.

So in order to go camping in the BWCAW, I needed to be able to wear my boots.

And now I can!  Yeah toes!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! :) But, how is the running going...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait for a week or so. Start your walk program. Walk your marathon. If that all goes well, start your jogging program and run your marathon. "They" don't say walk before you run for nuthin. I posted this earlier but it mysteriously disappeared. It would be great if we could see replies without actually clicking on them. -- Alias

    ReplyDelete