Friday, April 25, 2014

Life is Unpredictable

I know that I've written it before, but life can really surprise us.  Wednesday night the new aluminum wheelchair bought for this trip shocked us by breaking. Clean through one of the handles, with no chance of repair.

Of course, there's also no chance of getting spare parts for it here in Italy, or so the gentleman at the sanitori assured us. Finding a replacement, whether a rental or a new purchase took up much of yesterday. Or at least the part of yesterday that wasn't taken up by moving from Florence to Rome.

That wonderful man fixed up a rental, gave us directions and said that "they" would be waiting for us. Unfortunately, when we got there, "they" had closed up shop and gone home. I was hot, tired and quite frustrated. We still haven't solved the problem completely. If only I had some rope!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of Donna Leon's tales of how things go in Italy. Hope you had better luck today! (Friday)

    ReplyDelete