Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Oh. My. God!


I won the lottery! No, not the big lottery, but the lottery nonetheless! $10,000! That'll pay for a couple of trips to Europe, no? I can't believe it! So, here's how it happened . . .

There are people that think buying lottery tickets is stupid, and others that think it's wrong, but I enjoy it anyway. I buy a ticket whenever I'm somewhere that sells them and I remember. It works out to once every four to six weeks, although sometimes it's more often. Then I usually misplace the ticket.

Whenever there's a general clean-up of the papers in my house, I find several old lottery tickets dating back months. I put them in a pile, then get onto the computer to make sure all of them are losers. Right now, I'm trying to find a check that someone sent me, so I've been looking through a LOT of papers. And I found at least five different Powerball tickets dating as far back as October.

So I went to the Powerball website and clicked on the old numbers link, and started checking my tickets. About halfway through the task, with a November ticket, I stopped. I couldn't breathe. The numbers were matching. Not all the numbers, but enough numbers to make me blink. There on the website and on my ticket were a 3, 9, 49, and 56. Plus the powerball was 32, the same!

I checked again and screamed for my honey.  He didn't believe me, so I showed him the numbers. We did a little impromptu dance right there in our messy living room. I still can't quite believe it!

Now, my ticket had a 26 instead of a 37.  I had to look further on the website to figure out how much I had actually won. That one number is the difference between $10,000 and the grand prize, although I'm not bitter. Well, I'm trying to not be bitter. Who needs that much money anyway?

In any case, if I ever do win the big prize, I won't be telling you on my blog. I have elaborate plans if I'm ever that lucky.

I also learned how to create a second page on my blog, but not how to highlight it, so click down below to read more . . .



Until I win the big one, I'll just wish everyone a happy April Fool's Day!


1 comment:

  1. OK, you got me! (only because I read your blog first thing every morning, she says feebly ...)

    ReplyDelete