Friday, January 10, 2014

Back Pain

I suffer from intermittent, acute, muscle spasms in my back.  There's lot of advice out there on the proper treatment.


Take ibuprofen.  

 Put ice on the affected area 15 minutes of every hour for the first 48 hours.  

Alternate lying down with careful walking.  

Try to avoid sitting and standing for long periods of time.

Drink plenty of water.


Yesterday's twinges in my middle back weren't actually too bad.  I didn't scream or lie down on the floor unable to move.  In between following all those instructions on what to do, I was able to drive my car (turning was not fun), go grocery shopping (ok) and make dinner (much easier, I think the medicine had kicked in).  

I wasn't, however, able to do the dishes, go running, or spend much time on the computer.  Therefore, today's blog post is pretty short.  I'll try to do better tomorrow.  See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment