Friday, January 24, 2014

I love apple

Three years ago my honey and I bought our current macintosh computer.  At the time, I purchased something called one-to-one, a year long personal computer training package.  But I never activated it.  I meant to, but I kept putting it off for one reason or another.

Finally, yesterday I went into my local apple retail store with its genius bar at the rear, and asked if I could activate my one-to-one package, three years later.  "No problem," said one of the four helpful geniuses that I spoke to.

I filled out a few forms on an instore computer, and I was all set.  Now I have three different ways to learn more about my computer and its many, many capabilities.  Personal training (actually one-to-one), group training, or open training (a sort of study hall option with a genius for support).  Topics include icloud, iphoto, and even ispaghetti.

I hate to admit it, but I like the fact that all those blue-shirted geniuses are so agreeable.  Maybe they're faking, I don't know, but if they are, they're good fakers.  And I am going to take advantage of their (possibly fake) happiness for an entire year.  I can't wait!

Next week I am going to take some sort of class, although I haven't decided exactly which one yet.  I'm sure that I am only using 5% of the possibilities at my fingertips.  Imagine what I'll be able to do with this blog when I understand 10% of what this machine can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment