Saturday, January 4, 2014

Puzzle Dust

There's something to love about a new puzzle.  There's the ritual of setting up a special table with comfortable chairs.  Opening up the box and then the bag inside.  Trying to get the pieces out of the bag while leaving the fragrant puzzle dust inside.  Sorting pieces and looking at the shapes and colors with a critical eye.

A new puzzle is a new start, an introduction to hours of happy concentration. My favorite kind of puzzles are copies of famous art.

Although I don't celebrate Christmas, I do still get gifts.  This year, my Mom bought a 1000 piece puzzle of Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night. Score!

Although the art is challenging (lots of blue) and the pieces are oddly shaped, I hope it won't take too long.

What's more is that I have learned that not only humans love puzzles . . .



1 comment: