Thursday, January 16, 2014

Home ≠ Working on Novel



My membership at the coworking office is for three days a week.  That leaves two days a week for me at home.  Every one of those days, I promise myself I'm going to work on my novel, but most days I don't do it.

Yesterday was one of those days.  What did I do instead?  In no particular order, I:

Read the newspaper
Cut out some book reviews and recipes from the newspaper
Took some photos for a future blog post
Started reading the book for my February book club
Walked to the drugstore to buy some stuff
Watched some of the Golden Globes that I had taped from Sunday
Surfed the internet
Loaded and turned on the dishwasher
Ate breakfast, a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack
Shredded some old financial papers
Sorted and opened some old mail
Went to the gym and walked on the treadmill
Registered for a writing class
And other things I can't remember at the moment

I did manage to do some writing in my journal, but not much, and it was after dinner.  This doesn't bode well for me figuring out how to continue to write once I go back to work in the fall . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment