Thursday, November 7, 2013

First Snow


In fewer than two days I went from sunny Southern California weather to the first snow of winter.  The cold white stuff didn't even stay as long as a day except for really shady corners.  But it looked beautiful while it lasted.

Even though it's gone now, it's the sign of things to come.  I can pack away all my shorts and get out all my sweaters.  Growing up in Los Angeles, I never understood having a summer or winter wardrobe.  Now I get it.  Out come the smartwool socks and away go my short white athletic socks.

It's a good thing I love winter, 'cause it's coming and there's nothing I can do about it.

Nano Update, Day 6:
Plot?  Main character's girlfriend nagging him about lack of "real" job
Word Count? 10414 (back on track, plus more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment