Sunday, November 3, 2013

Missing my honey

I don't usually write about any trips I take until I am home, as I don't want the bad guys to know that my dust bunny collection is alone and unprotected. But for this trip to LA, I left my honey at home to keep everything safe.  We will be apart for thirteen days.  I know I wrote somewhere that our previous record time apart was eleven days.  (So, if you do the math, this trip is two days longer than that one!)

Before I left, I told him that I would miss him a lot.  He replied, "Yeah, you'll be so busy, you'll barely have time to miss me."

We were both right.  I miss him terribly and wish he were here on this awesome vacation I'm having.  On the other hand, I have been incredibly busy here, and the days are flying by.  I can't quite believe that I will be back home in less than 48 hours.

Just some of the things that I have been doing that have kept my head spinning: swimming, going out to eat (dinner four times, breakfast twice), riding my borrowed bike, seeing friends, cooking salads, standing in a very slow line at the post office, walking and/or jogging every morning, going to a weekend writing seminar, watching a sitcom get taped, putting down new paper in some old kitchen drawers, hiking, getting a little lost while hiking, taking a car to get it washed, driving up the coast an hour and a half, handing out candy to Halloween munchkins. . .

You can see why my honey thought I would be too busy to miss him.  Nevertheless, I am going to be really happy to get a big hug tomorrow night!


Nano Update, Day 2:
Plot?  The main character had a surreal interview at a coffee shop.  Best question:  "What's your take on flavored shots?  For or against?"
Word Count? 3540

No comments:

Post a Comment