Thursday, November 21, 2013

My first storyboard

One of the assignments from my online class was to try to complete a storyboard for the novel we are working on.  It was an assignment from Week Four, and the class is now on Week Nine.  Procrastinate much?

Yes, because of my traveling, lack of space, lack of posterboard, and excellent dawdling skills, I was unable to try the exercise.  Until yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon, I bought a posterboard from Target.  Who knew they were only 34 cents apiece?  I brought it home and set up a card table in a back room, one of the only clear spaces in my messy house.  I got out the my stickie notes and I got to work.  I tried one version of the storyboard, but it seemed like there was too much action in the beginning.  So I organized it another way, and now there is too much action in the final part of the story.


Then we had our Wednesday evening live chat, which convinced me I need to do a third version of the storyboard today.  One easy fix is to use smaller stickies, they take up less room.  And my story is a complicated one, so I need more colors.  One for each viewpoint in the present and one for each viewpoint in the past.

I'm proud of myself.  I attempted a difficult task and learned something, and now I'll pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again. . .

Nano Update:
Plot?  MC and Dad are poring over maps. . . why doesn't he go on his road trip already?
Word Count?  30821 (falling further behind!)


No comments:

Post a Comment