Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

On this very American holiday we traditionally overeat, watch football and at some point, think about what we are thankful for.  I plan on doing all of those, but I wanted express my gratitude for so much in my life, from the simple to the complicated.  As it's my first year, I'm staying mostly serious.  Here's my list:

I am thankful for . . .

 . . . my honey, who still makes my heart leap after more than twenty years.

. . . my family, a crazy bunch who for all our differences manage to stick               together.

. . . the fact that my butt is finally healing after my bouncing stairway                     adventure.

. . . food and shelter and clothes sufficient for our needs.

. . . heat and electricity and running water.

. . . living in a place that is not experiencing war or a natural disaster.

. . . beaches, mountains, lakes, and other natural wonders of the world.


I hope there are many things in your life that you are thankful for.  Have a great day off!


No comments:

Post a Comment