Friday, May 23, 2014

Back in Europe

Ok, so I'm in Paris, hanging out with my niece and it's lovely. There was rain yesterday morning, but then it cleared up into a cool day with amazing cloud formations.

We went to the Musee d'Orsay, which I enjoyed very much when I wasn't falling asleep on my feet. Then we wandered the long way back to where I was staying and I rested while my niece went home to change out of her wet shoes.

On my way to meet her for dinner, my camera ran out of juice. So I'll have to paint you a word picture. It was early evening, so the light was soft. The half-clouded sky gave the air a pink glow, and rising next to the river Seine was the architectural masterpiece that is the cathedral of Notre Dame.

Notre Dame has been photographed from every conceivable angle, so if you want to know what its structure is, you can search for it. But the two square towers seemed to touch the low clouds, while at the same time, being anchored to the ground by the flying buttresses.

How lucky I am to have such a view to have on my walk to eat crepes for dinner!

1 comment: