Thursday, May 1, 2014

April Rehash on May Day

Mmm, I love hash, especially of the red flannel variety. . .

My post on the first of April about winning the lottery fooled a number of you. Some even said that at the end, when I thought I was clueing you in, you thought I was merely wishing you a Happy April Fool's Day! I have to admit to being proud, as I worked particularly hard to make that post believable.


When I was in the middle of writing about how airbnb rescued me, I was exhausted. I mentioned to my honey that I was very tired, but I couldn't seem to stop writing and it was turning into what seemed like my longest post ever.  He replied, "Oh, are you like Pascal?



Apparently at the end of a long letter, Pascal wrote, "I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time." For me, it was more like, I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the brain cells.

I have a lot of gratitude to express to my friends and readers this month. First off, thanks to everyone who responded to the two possible openings of my novel, especially Zoot, who was incredibly insightful and expressive. I continue to consider the possibilities, but your responses have shaped my thoughts.

Next, thank you to those who wished "Happy Anniversary" to my honey and me. I'm glad that others see that we fit together as well.

As far as the girl in the prom dress waiting for the gondola in Venice, we don't really know what was going on. We thought she could be a bride, as she was joined by a young man in a tux, or maybe a model. It seemed that they were being photographed by someone on the other side of the canal, whom we couldn't see.

Final thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday. It was a good day spent at the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain and acquiring a rental wheelchair for the rest of the weekend. It turned out that the man who hadn't waited had told our first friend that he wanted to close soon, as his 92 year old mother was in a coma and was not expected to live long, and he was going to visit her in the hospital. He did come back on Saturday to help us. Thank you Nicola, and your mother is in my thoughts.

April was a good month. Here's hoping May brings as much happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment