Sunday, May 4, 2014

Starting the Search


Yesterday morning I logged onto my district's website to look at the job openings. It was not an easy process. There was once again a problem with my password, which took time to straighten out. (My password is always some variation of swearing at the website, as it is not very user-friendly.)

Starting to look at job openings was overdue. This is the time of year that school budgets are beginning to be finalized, people are deciding whether to quit, retire or move schools, and principals are visualizing what next year might look like.

The jobs stay posted for a week, so I don't have to check daily, but I need to be logging on every couple of days. And then I need to apply to jobs I am interested in. The only problem is that I still don't know exactly which schools meet my qualifications. Mostly because I don't know what my qualifications are.

I made a list of all the schools in the district so I could rank them. Then when there is an opening, I would know immediately whether I wanted to apply or not. The principal, size of the ELL population, colleagues, and even location can play a role in ranking schools.

I better get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment