Monday, May 19, 2014

Blog Disappointment

The title of this post was going to be Blog Synergy. My honey and I were supposed to be featured in another blog which would mention this one. I might pick up three or four of their readers and some of you might start following that blog. But I've been waiting for over a week and it hasn't happened yet. I'm beginning to doubt that it will.

Let me back up to tell the whole story.  A couple of weeks ago, my honey and I were going to go out to lunch. Unfortunately, he forgot and made sandwiches for himself anyway. So we decided to have a picnic instead of eating at a restaurant. We rode our bikes from his work to a spot along the river that had a good view.

And along came a guy on his bike. He told us that he had a blog. It is basically photos of bicyclists that he takes while he's out riding around. We talked for a while and he asked if he could take our photo and post it on his blog. He did say that he had a backlog of a photo or two before he would put ours up.

We agreed and I admitted that I too had a blog. I gave him my card and he said that he would add a link under our photo. Then he rode off, we finished eating and then went and looked at the water flowing over the nearby dam.

It took me a little while to find his blog as there seem to be several blogs with similar names, all supporting bicycling in our area. But I did find his photos eventually and the waiting commenced. A photo of another bicyclist was posted, then another, then another. And none of them was us.

Oh, well. My day of fame will come someday. I can only hope it will be for my writing and not for riding a bike.


No comments:

Post a Comment