Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lost Winter Hat

This is a first-world problem. I know that, but I am sad anyway.

Although there are times in the north where clothing choices can mean life and death, early spring is not usually one of them. Yesterday certainly wasn't, although when the wind was blowing, my ears were really cold.

I had the chance to watch our local Saint Patrick's Day parade yesterday. Since it had snowed in the morning and was still cold, I wore my hat. My bestest winter hat ever. I managed to hold on to that hat for a lot of winters. I don't remember when or where I got it. I also have no idea where I lost it.

All I know is that when I went to put it on to go home from work, my hat wasn't in my pocket anymore. I retraced my steps, all along the parade route, and checked more than one lost and found. Nothing. No hat.

It was a Goldilocks kind of hat. You know, just right. Not too tight, not too loose. Just the perfect size.  Kept my ears very warm, while not heating the top of my head too much. Just the perfect warmth.  Plus, it looked good on my head.

Finding another hat as good will take a while. And unfortunately, right now is not the season to go winter hat shopping, even though there is still cold weather on its way. Snow tomorrow, in fact. Swimsuits in the stores, though, 'cause summer is almost here.

I saw this beanie on the Patagonia website. It looks good, but I can't touch it or try it on, so it may not work as well. Since spring isn't here yet, I'll have to give it a try. I can only hope it'll be a Goldilocks hat too!



No comments:

Post a Comment