Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lazy Day


Sometimes you just want to have a lazy day. And I am lucky enough to be able to indulge this desire at times. I have written about this phenomenon before. The first time I was embarrassed, calling it a problem. I wondered why I would rather fool around than work on cleaning my house.

The next time I experienced this issue, I framed it as not working on my novel. On that day, I accomplished many things, just not writing. Although I don't mention being ashamed of myself, the tone of the post seems at the very least rueful.

Yesterday I just decided to accept it. No, I decided to embrace it. As far as I can tell, it doesn't happen that often, so why not enjoy it? Outside was snowy and cloudy and it seemed like a good day to just stay in and read. So that's what I did. I was lazy. And proud of it. Normal activities can resume today.

By the way, those feet hanging out in a friend's hammock are from last summer.  Sandals are not yet a footwear possibility here. However, seeing as today is the spring equinox, maybe soon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment