Saturday, March 15, 2014

Playing Hooky

Doesn't that couch look inviting?
An intriguing question. Can you actually play hooky if you don't have a job? I'm going to answer yes, because that's what I did yesterday morning.

Sometime last week I signed up for a iPhoto class at the Apple store. I had been wanting to take one for a while and yesterday morning there was a group class at a convenient time. But late Thursday afternoon, I realized that I didn't want to go.

I had worked two days during the week for the school district and had also worked hard on my writing. I was tired. Going to class would mean driving the 20 minutes to get there, staying for an hour and a half and then driving home. All I really wanted to do was laze around the house.

In my mind, though, I had committed and therefore had to attend the class. It took a couple of hours of me reminding myself that I could do what I wanted before I felt comfortable enough to cancel my spot in the class.

And all morning long, it felt like I was playing hooky. It felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment