Saturday, March 1, 2014

February is a Short Month

It wasn't until I was scheduling yesterday's blog post late Thursday night that I realized that yesterday was the last day of February.  It snuck up on me, and it was late enough in the evening that I wanted to go to bed instead of creating a new post recapping February.  So here is the look back at February from the first day of March.

triscuitboo comments on my road trip that she HATES driving in the snow.  I hate it too, even though I should be getting better at it since this winter we've been getting LOTS of practice. I have to admit, though, that as a native Californian my initial reaction to any and all snow is joy. It doesn't seem to matter if I have to drive in it, shovel it or get to gaze at it from my cozy house.  My heart leaps at every snowflake.

tRa is mystified that we didn't use our skis or snowshoes for our hike into or out of our winter cabin weekend.  All I can say is that doing the herringbone uphill for over half a mile would be painful.


As far as snowshoes go, they're heavy and we were lazy and the road was mostly well-packed enough that we didn't need them.

My honey has used our bacon grease to condition our cast iron cookware. He gives it two thumbs up!

On a sad note, I was informed that Alice Herz-Sommer, the pianist who survived the Holocaust passed away on February 23rd.  She was 110 years old when she died. Her obituary in the New York Times reinforces the impression I got from the documentary that I reviewed.

She was a unique individual and an amazing woman.  I hope her documentary wins the Academy Award tomorrow night. It would be a nice tribute to staying positive in life up until the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment