Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Countdown

I realized last night that I have forgotten to change the title countdown for a while.  Usually I try to do that on Sunday or Monday morning at the latest. It's not such a big deal, but I don't actually remember when it was last accurate. Am I off two weeks?  Three?  Just one?

The countdown is on the title to help me realize that this year will not last forever and that I need to keep the end in mind.  Sometimes I wonder if it is a positive or a negative to be marking off the weeks.  Don't prisoners and soldiers do that to chart their time?  At the moment, I dread the day the title bar reads  "or what will I do with the next week?"  However, when that does happen, I'm hoping that I will be rejuvenated and ready to return to teaching.

But I still had to figure out the exact number of weeks and change the title. Look at a calendar for 2013 and 2014 and physically count the weeks remaining.  And I was tired, and so I went to bed instead.

Look for a change in the number at the top of the blog sometime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment