Thursday, October 24, 2013

Jet lag

As I write this my circadian rhythms are suffering from disruption. According to the wikipedia page, the problem "may last several days until one is fully adjusted to the new time zone."  That is not good news for me.

At best it means that I will be waking up early for the next few days.  At worst I will have a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep.  I will be tired, irritable and have headaches.  Here's hoping that I don't have to do anything requiring concentration, as I will perform poorly.

Since I traveled to the west, the experts say it should be enough to seek out the light during the day.  That will be a bit difficult here, as the mornings have been quite overcast.  Of course, I really shouldn't complain as the weather is quite nice, the sand is soft and the water is warm.

Except for all those jet lag symptoms, life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment