Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween and October Comments


Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays.  The opportunity to dress up as someone or something else and change your life for a night? Plus you get free candy?  Priceless!

When I was a kid, we always had the neighborhood Halloween party at my house, and there were always adults available to take us around to get us some candy.  I remember one of those wonderful adults dressing up in a witch outfit, taking a goblet around and declaring "Drink or destruction" while we shouted "Trick or treat".  I sure hope she got some wine.

Besides being Halloween, though, it's also the last day of the month and that means it's time for me to comment on your comments.

Way back at the beginning of the month Kristi commented on a September post about Anger, because her "high school communications class taught that anger is always covering a deeper emotion, usually hurt of some kind."
I totally agree with you Kristi, but I'm not sure what to do if the hurt seems to be caused by not agreeing with someone else's opinion.  I can apologize for the hurt I've caused, as that is never my intent, and I can be gentle about expressing what I believe.  I hope that can be enough.


In the category of correcting and/or extending my posts, Alias informs us that 101 is also the last known generalized Fermat prime.  MA Reynolds shares that the anniversary of Columbus' landfall in the New World should actually be celebrated on October 23rd.
Thank you both for the additional information, even if I don't totally understand your comments.  It's a classic case of me knowing the words, but not really comprehending the totality.


To Kelly Erskine, who will be sure to call us when she goes out of town to see if we'd like to take care of her pets, as we enjoyed taking care of our friends' pets, we only work within the city limits.   Sorry.


Whether your plans include handing out candy or turning off all your lights and hiding out, I hope all of you are having a safe and happy Halloween, and that the little goblins in your lives are also safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment