Friday, October 4, 2013

Lunch with my honey

One of my September goals was to eat lunch out with my honey at least once a week.  There are many good reasons to have this as a goal, some of which are probably obvious.  But I'm going to go over them anyway, 'cause it's my blog.

We rarely go out to eat for dinner, as my honey loves to cook and always wants to eat healthy.  (Curse those studies that have shown that eating home cooked meals is healthier than eating out!)  But eating out at lunch is fun, more relaxed, not to mention cheaper.  I'm convinced that a simple change of place can give you a change of pace.

Plus, it's a six mile bike ride to get there, which gets me out and about and takes care of my aerobic exercise for the day.

During the last four weeks we have eaten
Vietnamese, salads and pizza at our favorite neighborhood healthy food cafe, Caribbean salad at the student union, and fresh fast food Greek.  Topics of conversation have included our Boundary Waters trip (both before and after), opinions of Catcher in the Rye, stories about my mother-in-law, my writing class, and much more.

We usually walk to the restaurants, so we get a good dose of Vitamin D, and if it works, we eat outside to enjoy the fall weather while it's here.

It's a good goal, and it's here to stay for the rest of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment