Monday, September 30, 2013

September Comments and Updates

Here are my responses to your September comments, as well as some general updates on topics I have posted on in the past.

Thanks tRa and Andrea for your suggestions for what to do at the Minnesota State Fair.  Although it's over for this year, as you can see from tRa's list, there's still plenty to do next year.  At the beginning of her comment, tRa also references that great state fair song by Ann Reed. Here's a pretty cool video of it:


Interesting trivia:  Ann Reed wrote that song in a couple of hours using suggestions from the audience at the state fair.

Alias would like to know: Have you started a serious walking program?  

The answer to that is both yes and no.  I keep starting it but getting sidetracked.  Sometimes it's the weather, other times it's my schedule.  I am usually managing to walk at least six miles a week, even with the distractions.  On a related note, I am going to be unable to run in the 5k I had originally planned to run next weekend, as I will be attending my mother-in-law's memorial.  This is actually a good thing, as I am really not ready to run one, or even run/walk a 5k.  However, I am rebooting the training, and thinking about doing a Turkey Trot.  Apparently, Thanksgiving is a popular time to have a 5k race.

Thanks MA Reynolds for the advice about making sure I am looking at the true horizon on the equinox.

Although I don't know exactly how to find out what the true horizon is where I live, I do have to say that it is pretty flat around here.  No mountains in sight, more's the pity.

I did let the mostly positive comments from tRa, Stepdad and Kristi regarding attending my 30th high school reunion influence my decision to go.

Although I am going to attend, I do have to note, tRa, that you and my brother had a more positive grade school experience than I did.  I'll try to find out if the senior class president was in charge of planning it.  Most happily, while I was at the thrift store shopping for a dress for the upcoming memorial, I found a dress that I think could be 'cocktail attire.'  Woohoo for no more shopping!

Finally, I have to note that the application to be a judge for the Minnesota Book Awards is due tomorrow, and being the procrastinator that I am, it is not quite finished.  So besides writing this blog, working on my book, checking in with my online class, my schedule today includes walking 3 miles, finishing that application, and getting a cavity filled.  It's a jam-packed life.


1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Now you're talkin. Jam-packed is good. Each of my reunions has been better than the previous union. If the toes are ready, keep on walkin -- preferably at least twice as much away from food and snacks as toward them. sysly.

    ReplyDelete