Friday, September 20, 2013

Taking a class

Writing.

That's what I want to work on this year.  Make a routine, try it out, figure it out, "just do it" as a good friend of mine and Nike would say.  My stepdad would also recommend this approach.

And I am writing.  Every day.  This blog is evidence of that.  But I am struggling a little bit with what to do with the novel next, how to jump start the revising.

So, being a teacher's pet, I decided to take a class.  That's right, a class from an expert will tell me what I should be doing!  (Well, it'll give me one version of what to do at least, which will be one more than I have now.)

I took a look at the offerings of the Loft Literary Center.   And I decided to enroll in a class entitled:  Your Book Starts Here:  How to Plan, Write, and Develop a Book.  It's designed for writers who have a book concept or work in progress.

It sounds perfect for me, and one of the best parts of it is that it's an online class.  Why is that so great? Well, many classes meet after work, and I have enough commitments that take me away from home and honey in the evenings.

So I can log on to read (and watch) content from the teacher, chat with my fellow students in discussion forums, and other fun stuff, and I can do it all at 3am in my pajamas!


No comments:

Post a Comment